This is Austermann Stepp, with the aloe and jojoba oil in it. It's very soft, but I did have problems with splitting. The colours aren't quite what I was expecting, and perhaps not what I'd do if I were striping this sock on my own, but that's the fun with this type of yarn.
The foot is plain, and I decided to do cables up the leg. I started with 3x3 cables separated by two knit stitches I think it was. I realized quickly that it was pulling it in alot. I thought of keeping the same cable, but do them randomly or when the colours changed. But I like predictability, LOL. So, I kept the 3x3 cables around the ankles, then 'walked' the outer two knit sts of the cable out (over the purl st). That left me with a 2x2 cable, and more ribbing. I did this for a ways, then did the same thing with the outer two knit sts of the cable, leaving me with a 1x1 cable.This picture is a little blurry, but I think you can see what I did. I ended with some ribbing at the top. I wanted to start the second sock at a different place in the yarn pattern, so I did the ribbing until the beige yarn ended, LOL.
I got started on the second one, I hope I remember all that I did (like, adding some short rows to the top of the heel to give a bit more depth to the heel). I'm not good at remembering things. We took the kids to see the fireworks on Sunday night, and Megan has not slept well since! I can't believe I felt like this for over a year!