This is a WHITE baby bonnet. It was doomed right from the start. Poorly written instructions, no clear photo of the finished bonnet. I struggled through until near the end and there appeared a fatal error in the instructions. It sat for a bit, then Lucy got paint on the table and it seeped over to the hat. Then, Megan got a hold of it and unravelled a row or two. I thought I could still fix it, then a couple days later, she got tangled in it and it quickly unravelled even more. So, I gave up. Yup. Tried to wash the paint out as best I could, and rolled it back up.
Then I tried a knit baby hat, from a pattern on the Internet. The pattern said the stitch pattern is in Interweave Knits Winter 2007. Which I have. The pattern is NOT in there. I figured I could pick a close match from my various stitch dictionaries. But it was not a very close match. So I just picked another one that I liked and started again. I was going to give it to Rob's co-worker, but Rob neglected to tell me that she was leaving on Monday (although I had initially thought when I started it that I would have it done by Monday morning). So, it's sitting sadly on my desk while I work on other things. Like, another tank from the http://www.clearwaterknits.com/ pattern!