Yes, another square crocheted baby blanket to donate. I wrote back in the winter about getting bags of yarn and fabric from my mother in law's friend. I used quite a bit when I made hats/scarves to donate. There was quite a bit of a bulky acrylic (70%)-mohair (15%)-wool (15%) from Sears, in different colours. The yarn is called Giselle and was made in Canada, probably by Patons. It actually feels pretty good and the colours are nice, but a fuzzy, bulky yarn in pastel colours is not high on my list of desired yarn for garments. I do have a pattern for a cute vest, which I think the girls would like, but I doubt they'd actually wear it.
Anyway, it was a perfect choice for more of these crocheted square blankets.
This one is pale green, blue, and white. I started with a 9mm hook but switched to a 10mm hook near the end. I still have more of this yarn, I just stopped because it seemed big enough.
Yarn In: 13 966gr Yarn Out: 11 361+ 323gr = 11 684gr Balance: 2282 gr more In than Out Cost: $306.30/191 days = $1.60/day