Made me think of Tom Sawyer, not a care in the world. I had two different yarns in my stash to choose from, and selected an unknown yarn that had a rustic, woolly feel, with little bits of tweedyness. In the paper patterns for the KR 7 for my Singer SK155, there was a pair of baby pants. Well, not newborn size. I got started before realizing just how big the pattern was....or else my Christmas flu just hadn't worn off totally and my brain was still fuzzy. Basically, I needed them 1/2 the size of the pattern. Add in how the KR7 has a half size/full size option, and the trip lever on the carriage....after a couple tries I got the pattern right. For the straps, I did tuck on every other needle, alternating with each row (row 1: 010101, row 2: 101010).
No, the legs are exactly the same length...just arranged poorly and/or one needs more steam :)
I made a twisted cord for the waist band (I made the inside of the waist band in a softer yarn, but really, the pants could have been plated with a softer yarn inside). On the front, I sewed two non-functioning buttons (they came from my brother's partner's mother). On the back, inside the waist, I sewed little buttons, and the straps had three buttonholes. This way, the buttonholes are less noticeable as baby will likely be laying on his back for the photo.
I think I did a great job of matching the inspiration photo. The hat was made by Jennifer herself!
It appears that I already included these pants in my totals for last year :(