Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Little Redemption

Working on my favourite baby gift for a family member!

What is it?  You can't tell?  :(  LOL.
It's my favourite Jean Greenhowe teddy bear.  I'm using Sirdar Eternity, I've had it in my stash for a long, long time (possibly 10 years).  It's a neat yarn, a mix blend of wool and alpaca and other things, but really, it needs to be knit somewhat loose to let the texture and softness come through.  I made a hat with it, and it's okay, but certainly not windproof!  It's knit a little tight for this bear, and the bear's not as big as I was hoping.  I wish I had double stranded it.  I'm in the process of stuffing and sewing now, but I weighed him before starting, and it's a whooping 95grams.  Yes, it is much easier to bring yarn into the house than to get it out of the house!!

No comments: