Friday, August 09, 2013

Modern Babies!

I've written before on how I love wool diaper covers.  I wish I had believed people years ago, that they actually worked.  When Hugh was born, 13 years ago, I wasn't sewing, and I looked at cloth diapers, but the start up cost was too much (yes, I pointed out how much we'd save over the course of several potential children...).  I didn't really start sewing until the third kid, 8 years ago.  I didn't get into the cloth diapers until she was almost two.  I could have made SO many cute diaper covers!!  Even if I had purchased cloth diapers and sewn my own covers....

Anyway.  Now, I knit them for other people!


Newborn soakers in a grey/soft white/charcoal blend.  Slightly higher in the back to avoid the dreaded plumber's crack.  $18 includes lanolizing (but shipping is extra).  What modern baby wouldn't love a wardrobe staple like this?

Yarn In: 7837gr
Yarn Out: 42gr + 4873gr = 4915gr
Balance:  2922gr more brought IN than out
Costs:  $227.61/222 days = $1.03/day

And yes, I know I still have to add some new yarn to the "IN" total!

No comments: