Wednesday, January 08, 2014

A Tale of Two Santa Hats

I'm almost done blogging my 2013 projects!  Looks like I might meet the Yarn In = Yarn Out goal (although, some of the things I've made have not actually left the house, LOL).

One day I got an email from Jennifer saying she just had a client, Heather, who might be contacting me about getting a hat made for her granddaughter.  I LOVE referrals!  Indeed, Heather got in touch with me, wanting  a Santa hat, in dark red, for her granddaughter to wear with striped pajamas at a breakfast with Santa.  No problem, I said, and got right to work. 
I used up the very last of the white I had from the Frosty hat, and for the pompom, since it's not a very stable yarn when you cut it in small bits, I combined it with a plain white worsted.  I like the effect.  Then I started second-guessing the darkness of the red.  It's darker than in this picture.  Not quite "wine", but I wasn't sure...
 So, I made up a second one!  Still not a bright red, it was indeed lighter.  This time I used a strand of white worsted with the eyelash in the brim and the pompom.  When I trimmed the pompom, I tried to trim just the worsted yarn, so that the eyelash would stand out.  I quite liked this one too.
I took both for Heather to pick one....and she picked both!  I love what I do!  AND, she requested two other hats!!
Both these two hats, and the next two, were done on the LK150.

Yarn In:  16 153gr
Yarn Out:  100gr + 92gr + 16 105 = 16 297gr
Balance:  144gr more USED up than brought IN!
Costs:  $378.91/365 days = $1.04/day

No comments: