Friday, October 23, 2015

Updates

October 6 was my last post?  Ooops!  I've been working feverishly on the custom Christmas stockings.  And a crochet slouchy hat that I thought was all done until I tried it on.  I re-did it several times and I think I finally got it right this time.  And then another custom order that due to a miscommunication, the client thought would be ready right after Thanksgiving (Oct 12 here).

And then...my two girls and myself got sick.

Trying to climb back to the surface today/this weekend.

I got one stocking blocked last night, and there's an oops!  :(

I don't know if you can really see it in the above photo, which is perhaps a good sign.  It appears, while I was steaming/light pressing (with a cloth), I must have touched down the edge of the iron, creating an arc imprint between the top banner and the green circle, towards the middle of the stocking.


  Not far enough over though so that it'd be on the back.  It couldn't be all one row, so I could remove those stitches and graft in a new row!  I'm going to present it to the client and be honest, and offer to re-make the stocking if he finds it annoying.  He might think it helps to give it more of a vintage look.

 The other order I'm working on includes a dark brown pixie hat.  I've made it in mohair, and don't have any dark brown mohair, but I thought I could combine some yarns for a textured look.  I'm not feeling it though.

I think I might need to go shop for some dark brown mohair.  I know I could dye the yarn I've used before, but 1) don't think I have any dark brown dye 2) don't know how to combine the colours I have to make dark brown and 3) haven't tested the colourfastness on the yarn.


No comments: