And then...my two girls and myself got sick.
Trying to climb back to the surface today/this weekend.
I got one stocking blocked last night, and there's an oops! :(
I don't know if you can really see it in the above photo, which is perhaps a good sign. It appears, while I was steaming/light pressing (with a cloth), I must have touched down the edge of the iron, creating an arc imprint between the top banner and the green circle, towards the middle of the stocking.
Not far enough over though so that it'd be on the back. It couldn't be all one row, so I could remove those stitches and graft in a new row! I'm going to present it to the client and be honest, and offer to re-make the stocking if he finds it annoying. He might think it helps to give it more of a vintage look.
I think I might need to go shop for some dark brown mohair. I know I could dye the yarn I've used before, but 1) don't think I have any dark brown dye 2) don't know how to combine the colours I have to make dark brown and 3) haven't tested the colourfastness on the yarn.