I went through my fabrics, and picked out this rayon wrap skirt with dragonflies. For the bottom of the gusset, I wanted something that would be durable and not show dirt too quickly. This side is a textured black; the texture is striping. In order to get the stripes to go across the straps, I had to piece it, but with so much else going on, that's not a problem.
seat organizers. That pattern has it topstitched to the organizer, so I had to use my brain to make it lined, sewn into the side seams, and with an elastic at the top. Luckily, the gusset piece is the perfect width. It doesn't hold a large water bottle, but my mom usually goes out with a small one. It does seem a bit bulky, but I think with the purse filled, it'll feel better. Also, since this is reversible, this will keep the water bottle upright inside the bag when worn the other way. Bonus--I think this way (elastic at the top) will be a great way to make my water bottle holders more adjustable!
Even though Megan's bag went to together easy-peasy, this one didn't. I don't know if it was because the rayon was slippery and the cutting wasn't accurate, or what, but the joins of the curved tip of the body to the strap, took quite a few attempts, and even re-cutting of the black fabric. And of course, once or twice I managed to not have pulled the surrounding fabric out of the way and it got stitched in! Ooops. I really took my time with this, thinking the process through, and the little extra features. I think it paid off!