I started early June, not sure when except that I was working on the yoke, past the increases, on Father's Day weekend when I was at a party. I finished it two Thursdays ago, at a "Brass on the Grass" concert, but after trying it on at home, I ripped back the sleeves to loosen them.
I made this sweater once before. Back then, I wasn't really happy with the way the front top opening rolled and how it was pouffy around the top. I thought it was just my poor crocheting skills. This time, I tried super hard to follow the pattern, and it still happened. When it came time to separate it, I worked the numbers a bit differently so the back would be a bit smaller than the front. It actually feels a smidge snug across the back when I lift my arms. And small around the waist. I did a few rows of crochet around the opening to give a bit more width, but I guess it could have used more. I also had an issue when I went back to do the sleeves. The first sleeve, the pattern worked out perfectly. The second sleeve, somehow it didn't work out and I was half a repeat off. Much fudging happened on that sleeve!
Yarn In: 1586grYarn Out: 315gr + 4599gr= 4914gr
Balance: 3328gr more USED than bought
Costs: $74.87/218 days = $0.34/day