Friday, March 17, 2017

Grey Hat

Early in January I took my daughter to Giant Tiger and we just happened to see these "Knit a Hat" kits that came with yarn, a faux fur pompom and circular needles. She decided she needed a new hat. Fine. She wanted it just like her brother's Roots hat, which is a fine ribbed slouchy toque. All the foreigners to my blog are like "Giant Tiger"? "Roots?" "Toque?" LOL. I explained that I could make it ribbed, similar to a black hat I had made her (also from a finer yarn) but it would not look the same. She was okay with a ribbed cuff and plain hat.

Of course, I had to do this on my SK155! Having just done a basic hat at New Year's, I had a good idea of a starting point. I think I did do a swatch though. Just to play.

 Yup. These are the only two photos I got. She says it's very warm and she wears it all the time.

Yarn In:  1542gr
Yarn Out: 74gr + 1374gr=1448gr
Balance: 94gr more bought than used
Costs:  $37.91/76days = $0.50 per day

No comments: