Thursday, August 02, 2018

Hampton Hoodies

Lightweight hoodies (especially with bottom bands) seem to be very popular. So I had to jump on the bandwagon. I went with the Hampton Hoodie by Peekaboo Patterns. Having had great success with my t-shirts and doing an FBA, I got to work. By the end, my pattern piece looked like it had had a run in with a paper shredder. Wait...this is my t-shirt pattern. Why am I showing it? To show what a t-shirt FBA looks like?


 Not sure what I'm trying to show here. I think the fabric is a rayon blend. It faded a bit after washing.
 I had a horrible time with the placket. The instructions seemed fine, but I just couldn't get a good result. It also seems that when I printed it, my printer cut off a bit from each page, and my pieces for the bands might have been off, and where the placket opening is on the centre front.
 Having adjusted the pattern considerably, I needed to adjust the bottom band. I did the math. I quartered and pinned. And this is not what I was going for. Having been washed a few times, it looks better, but I keep thinking I should re-do it. I didn't want it snug on my hips because then it looks like a maternity top due to my belly.
This picture was actually to show the saggy butt of the pants I made. But it shows the back of the top too. I could have done the hood in black, but I didn't have enough width to do the plackets in the print, and then they wouldn't have stood out on the front. So, you see the inside of the fabric in the hood. Suck it up.



Again, a front shot. Because these pants are pouffier, the hanging band issue isn't as bad. 


And while I was at it, underwear to match.


I decided to give the top another go with some fabric I got that I just loved. Sand and sea. My favourite combo!

Again, I had terrible placket issues. I picked out the stitches several times, and ended up with a little hole I handstitched and Fray Checked. 

 Another placket photo. I just couldn't figure out where exactly to line up the edge/point. And I don't seem to have a finished picture. Stay tuned and check back later.


No comments: