Sunday, August 26, 2018

I Sewed Slippers Again!

Yes, I just posted about sewing slippers. The reason I wrote that l wrote that post was a) It had been seven months and b) I knew I was about to sew another pair as that pair had holes in the outer soles.
I had a bit of suede left from when I sewed Lucy's Tinnkerbell costume...2010? It's a good thing suede doesn't have a grain because I had to cut them out however they fit. I used some brown fleece for the inner layer, and for the padding. Such a huge piece of brown fleece that I had. I wonder why I had it. For the outer layer, I used some gold brocade. My BIL works in Toronto's film and TV industry and one year for Christmas, brought me a big bag of scraps. Most of it is upholstery fabric. Or drapery. Not fashion fabric.

I had only been wearing these a few days when I took this picture. That's just from going on the deck and front porch. And suede is not waterproof. I mean, I knew they weren't waterproof, but it still came as a shock.

The kids say these look like shoes from a Shakespear play. Exactly what I was going for.

I did almost all the construction on my Kenmore, but there were a couple seams near the end, and the topstitching, that I did on the Consew. I only have black thread still, but I like the contrast :)


No comments: