Thursday, September 06, 2018

She's Talking To Me

I picked up this fabric in a local destash (I picked up a huge bag of scraps, as well as some larger pieces. Some of the scraps were pretty large though!). It's a nice, stretchy cotton-lycra with good recovery. However, my TNT t-shirt pattern was drafted with a looser, not as stretchy CL. I didn't realize I needed to make it a bit bigger to allow for that. It feels a bit snug, but I still wear it.

The seller couldn't remember if all the fabrics had been pre-washed, so I washed it. I don't know if it was from sitting in the machine damp, or if it was touching another fabric (and I'm sure I hung it to dry outside), but when I went to use it, there was blackish marks all over. It looked dirty and smudgey.

They seemed to be on only one half of the fabric. I scrubbed, I tried bleach (total disaster), I scrubbed and soaked it again. It was much better after another wash.

 The angle of this isn't good because I was using the self-timer and had a hard time finding a spot to set up the camera. It's definitely form fitting.
Can't remember if I tried adding a swayback adjustment. I don't  think so. Why do my pants look so bad? Look how twisted that right leg looks!

I wore this shirt (and, ummm, I think those same pants) when hubby and I had to take a little road trip to pick up his motorcycle parts. We stopped at a Tim Horton's. I was standing on Rob's right, and there was a worker just a bit to Rob's left. She commented "I like your shirt, where'd you get it?" and Rob thought she was talking to him. He was wearing a long sleeved t-shirt from his Christmas pajama set, complete with toothpaste drippings. No, dude, she was talking to me!!  I had hoped to make a "nice" t-shirt to wear for work--goes with grey and black pants. But it feels a little too snug, and therefor a little too casual. 

No comments: