Friday, December 28, 2018

Blankets

Two more blankets were donated to Crochet Blankets for Seniors. The first one was with yarn that I received from them. I wanted to get the most out of the limited amount, so I did (I think) one row in the textured, two rows in the soft white.
 I don't seem to have a finished photo, unless it's still on my camera. It was just horizontal stripes. 405gr.

 When  I went to Florida, I wanted a project to work on while there. Something simple, without needing a lot of yarn. I grabbed this lovely textured yarn from my stash. It was a sweater that I bought from a thrift store and then unraveled. I had planned to make newborn photo props/layering blankets but that market got over saturated. I just looked back and got it April 2013. So it was time.
I loved the subtle silver strand. The yarn split easily though and wasn't the most pleasant to work with. I also, for some reason, refused to consult a pattern for doing a rectangle on the bias. I started shaping the long side and had it wrong, thought it might be wrong, but just kept going anyway. Finally after I got home and got back to work on it, I looked up some patterns and indeed. I had to rip back which wasn't fun with this yarn. I worried about how it would look with use, and washed it up before donating the finished blanket. It washed fine. 361gr. I don't think I have enough left for another one though I could be wrong.

Yarn In:  1161gr
Yarn Out: 405gr + 361gr + 2370gr = 3136gr
Balance: 1975gr out
Costs: $31.39/362 days = $0.09 per day.

No comments: