Tuesday, January 21, 2020

I Bought Yarn

Yes, I had too. I've been working on this blanket:
 A corner to corner rectangle using 4 different Lionbrand Homespun colours. I have 14 stitches left, so about 11 rows. I ran out of one of the colours (the greenish blue) a little while ago. I went digging in my stash bins and found some little bobbins of the yarn, but they really didn't get me very far. I also think this is a smidge on the narrow side. Michaels had the bright blue, so I picked up a skein (170gr). I'm going to rip it back a bit to get rid of the small bits and encorporate the new yarn, rather than doing the last 11 rows all in one colour.


 I've been working on this blanket to donate to the local dialysis unit, in memory of my sister-in-law, who's favourite colour was purple. It took me forever to get the heart right--the right yarn, following the chart... I ripped it so many times. Then it finally took off. Until I ran out of yarn. I bought a 6 balls pack of it back in the late summer, up at my Mom's. There's a little general store type of place that sells Patons/Bernat yarns and seems to go to the Spinrite Tent Sale to stock up for their store.
It's a corner to corner crochet blanket. Maybe if it was knitted, it would have had enough yarn. It feels a bit stiff too. I've done a swatch on the SK155 in a tuck stitch, so I'm going to try that.

These are the yarns I bought. The pink has the same gauge as the Patons Shetland Chunky, but not the texture. I'll do the pink heart, maybe some pink edging too. It doesn't have to be a huge blanket. It just needs to be done. 

Yarn In:  1786gr + 452gr = 2238gr
Yarn Out:  26gr
Balance:  2212gr more IN than out
Costs: $15.33/21 days = $0.73/day

No comments: