Saturday, January 18, 2020

Tire Tracks

Or...when your underwear matches your t-shirt.

I don't sew a lot for Rob, except the Boxerwear and the occasional t-shirt. I bought dress pant pattern from Thread Theory, but haven't gotten to them yet. I was thinking of making him a dress shirt, but then he got a huge box from his BIL.  All really nice, expensive shirts. So t-shirts and underwear and all he needs from me LOL



I started with the shirt, picking up this fabric on a clearance sale. I think there was only 1m available. 


Then, December 2018, just after Christmas, maybe for Boxing Day, the Jeep fabric came up. There was only 1/2m available and I snagged it fast. I planned to make my Dad some more Boxerwear. Then a couple days after Christmas, he took a sudden turn for the worse and was admitted to the hospital. My fabric arrived on Jan 2, and instead of the Jeep fabric, they sent more of the tire tracks! I sent off an email and she said there was more and would send it. Two out of the first three orders from this company were wrong, though they were great about fixing the errors. 

What can't be fixed is the fading. The Jeep fabric faded pretty badly.  Rob says it's cause it's Jeep quality LOL.  The tire track fabric did fade some too but has more shades to begin with. Some of the other black based prints I've used for his Boxerwear have held up great! Those were bought in a destash though and I don't know the original source. 
Not the best picture, but oh well. It's been hard to find men's fabric that isn't video game, sports teams, or designed for boys. I want manly fabrics, not boy fabrics! 



No comments: