Thursday, July 23, 2020

I'm Trendy!

Fabricland finally re-opened, but I wasn't eager to go. Eventually I had to, to get my membership renewed. I also wanted to get some twill to make Rob shorts.

A few steps inside the door and there was a display with striped linen-cotton fabrics. They were lovely! Greys, pinks, blues. I knew I needed to make pants. I finally picked out a blue stripe. I wish there was a matching solid fabric though!




I got going on these pants right away. I was going to do another pair of Sequoia. I laid it out and quickly panicked. Do you reverse the stripes for the other side? Or keep the pattern going across the center seam? OMG. I questioned everyone, no real answer. I finally opted to keep the pattern going across the center seam.

The next thing was the side pockets. I didn't want to get fussy, I was just going to do the pocket but not the flap. Then I just decided to forget the pocket. I didn't want to fuss with matching the stripes. I did do the straps to roll up the pant legs.

For the waistband, I just did a contoured knit band. Simple. 

Yes, they do kind of have a pajama-ish look in the pictures. In real life though, you can tell they're linen. As I was preparing to make them (or had just finished?), I was at the Great Canadian SuperStore with the girls, and we walked past the Joe Fresh clothes. Wouldn't ya know? They had striped lined wide leg pants!! The girls groaned; they knew they had no opportunity to use the "you're not stylish" card now!!

No comments: