Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Yes, Another One

 After finishing the bulky scrappy afghan, I knew I had enough for another one. I reached in the bin and got knitting. Did a corner to corner again. This time I did allow myself to reach for the brighter colours, otherwise I might have been too close with the yarn amount.

What's frustrating is that I'll have small balls I leave to the end because I always want to get 1-2 rows of each colour. But then I usually end up with small balls still left because it really doesn't take as much as I think it will for the last section. Perhaps I need to do a blanket made of smaller blocks, sewn together. 

For this one, I didn't put a border on it. I wish I had slipped the edge stitch though. 

That join between the red and white, right in the middle, is really bugging me.

This weighed in at 600gr, which I thought was a lot, but then I looked back at the crochet one, and it took over 1000gr. Knitting really does use less yarn! It's great, being bi-craftual

Yarn In:  5115gr
Yarn Out:   8315gr + 600gr = 8915gr
Balance: 3800 gr more OUT than in!
Costs: $115.68/266 days = $0.43 per day



No comments: