Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Bottle Labels

 I love making sauces, foods, condiments, etc from scratch. With all the extra time this spring, I started watching a lot of cocktail making videos. At the same time, Lucy was drinking cold brew coffee. She needs simple syrup for that, and I didn't realize how often it's used in cocktail making. I just never seemed to have the right containers for sauces. I found some on Amazaon and got my creative juices flowing!

Some of the first sauces--had to use the Brother label maker. Yawn.  Once I felt comfortable with the Cricut, I got started on making some with Oracal 651 permanent vinyl. 

Honey syrup! I made the yellow as little pieces, layered on all together. Next time, I'd make the whole body yellow and lay the black over it. I didn't know about creating a base layer.

Not a sauce or syrup, but had to fancy up my water bottle. It says "It's just water...I swear"


I learned how to make sour mix! Again, I made this with the black going over the yellow. I should have made the black base and have the face cut out of the yellow so the black shows

I had a hard time finding a free image for this. It's been through the dishwasher a few times, and only the tip of the single garlic clove is having issues, but it did right when I put it on.

I had seen videos where people made car decals out of their Bitmoji images. Fun! When I first tried, I couldn't get the bottom of my glasses and the teeth thin enough. I sent it to Hugh and he fixed it up. My name is spelled as how I write it for the kids when I work "Mrs Man-a-ring".

I made some blueberry sauce. No real reason, except I had some blueberries no one was eating. It's kind of too lumpy for cocktails but it's really nice on ice cream, yoghurt, peaches.  I almost made it in blue but then realized blue on blue wasn't smart.

I had bought a huge bottle of Thai Sweet Chili sauce from Costco.  It was so annoying. As soon as it got low enough, I put it in this jar (16oz).  Some of the letters slid around. Don't know if it hadn't dried enough before I stuck the label on, or what. This also happened with a bottlle I used cheap dollar store vinyl on. 




2 comments:

Karey said...

I love your labels but you don't explain how, and with what, you make them.

TracyKM said...

Hi Karey
I guess I just assumed that people read all my posts and would have read my earlier posts about getting a Cricut machine. I didn't think about people just finding this one post. I'll add some more details :)