Saturday, May 10, 2008

One Reason I Seem Slow!

Early in the spring, I decided Meg needed a new hat. Something not as warm as a winter hat, but not a sun hat either. Something to keep the wind out of her ears when we walk to the school. We tried a few hats from the 'sale/gift bin' and this one looked so cute, but a little small. It was made using a small version of Feather and Fan (like, a 8 st repeat I think), and many small bobbins of leftover acrylics in pale pinks, peaches and whites. It might have been done using the Helix method (Grumperina recently had a great series of posts on using Helix stripes for socks). I decided to go with blues, to match her coats. But it was a doomed project from the start. I couldn't get the pattern to work out. It was too small. I had brain farts when counting sts and remembering how many I was supposed to have. It's a 4 row repeat, and I was using 4 colours, which meant that the ridge row was ending up showing the same two colours each time. But that suddenly changed for some reason. Then, awhile further, I purposively changed it up again. But it still didn't have the subtle, sweetness of the pinkish hat.
Then the weather got very warm. Can we say it together "Rip-it, Rip-it, Rip-it" off to the Frog Pond it went. Then the weather got cool again. Sigh.

No comments: