A while ago, I found through another blog (Angry Chicken?), a link to a EDIT: tutorial on making sock monkeys using dollar store novelty socks. I knew I had to do that, esp. since two of my niece's like sock monkeys. I bought a pair of Valentine Socks, but one of the girls wore them and got them dirty before I got around to sewing. So I went off to Dollarama to get more socks. Poor selection! And, the two socks were not quite the same size!It was fairly easy to follow the tutorial, although I changed the ears a little. I also used the purple heel that came from the second pair of socks in the set...I thought the black wasn't contrasty enough. The buttons are from my stash. Slim pickings for those!
This wasn't on the list I just made since I actually did this last weekend. Today, I sewed a little camera bag for Lucy, which I had forgotten to put on that list. So, there's nothing to cross off yet!