Although I've been showing a lot of sewing lately (and have more to show!), I did do some knitting over the summer. Like always, I needed a small project for sitting at the park, and a bigger project for on the couch at night. I have been working on "Omelet" (a large shawl)
from Knitty.com for a while now, but my "purse project" went much quicker. I showed the pictures of the socks from the day we went to the beach and it was cold. It wasn't too long after that that they were finished. However, the weather turned warm and I didn't feel like putting them on to take pictures. Finally, on Oct 12, I was tired of seeing them on my end table, and I had the camera out taking pictures of my son's sprained ankle, so I snapped a few of the socks. Always a challenge!
Part way up the leg, I realized I forgot to do the heel in a slip stitched pattern. And that I wanted ribbing at some point. I looked at my stitch dictionaries and found a diamond pattern to mimic the foot, and repeated it around the calf. In the top half of the diamonds, I gradually shifted to ribbing. It's a little hard to see in the striped yarn, but this would be a good way to add ribbing if you don't want a sudden start.
Not much else to say about them. I did a little extra calf shaping at the top since they were getting tall, however, I did it a little late and a little sharply, so the top edge is actually a little loose. They still stay up though. I think they might become my new skating socks.