Thursday, June 06, 2013

New Yarn

I had been doing good for awhile, not buying any new yarn, then some lovely stuff caught my eye at Value Village!
 Look at that plum mohair in the middle.  How delicious!  It's Sirdar "Gold Seal Mohair", "Strata", 2x50gr, $3.99.  I should probably make some tiny mohair pants and a bonnet for photo props.  I've discovered I don't really like hairy yarns for my own scarves, but for those colours, I could be persuaded to try again.  On the right is Bernat "Felting Natural Wool", 75gr, $1.99  The two balls on the left are Bernat Mosaic, 2x 100gr, $4.99 each, on clearance at Michaels'.
Then today I had to go back to Michaels' to find a tan mohair, and was looking for Patons "Lace".  They are expanding their yarn section, and so had a LOT of really nice yarns in clearance bins for $1.99!!  From the left, Lion Brand, "Nature's Choice Organic Cotton", 78gr (?!), Loops & Threads "Woodlands", 50gr, Red Heart Boutique "Changes", 100gr, Patons "Lace", 70gr, Loops & Threads "Willow Sauce", 50gr x 2.
It was hard to limit it to that.  I went for unisex, muted colours, to make things to add to my newborn prop collection.  The green isn't too muted, but I love the different textures all in one yarn.

Yarn In:  6637gr + 773gr = 7410gr
Yarn Out:  4119gr
Balance:  3291gr more brought IN than out
Costs:  $6.76 + 16.66 = $23.43 + $185.03 = $208.46/158 days = $1.32 per day

No comments: