Sunday, January 13, 2019

Delayed Reyna

When I was looking at my 2018 yarn totals and looked back at my 2017 totals, I saw  that I included the Reyna shawl in the totals. Mmmmm.  I don't recall actually blogging about it...did I even photograph it?!

We were going on a big family trip to a luxury cottage in the Muskokas, July 2017. I wanted a simple shawl pattern that would look nice with a handpainted yarn. I'm not sure where I asked for recommendations--I think on my Facebook page. "Reyna Shawl" was mentioned a couple times. It seemed simple enough.

I did no prep before we went. I didn't even wind the yarn (Araucania "Ranco Sock").

What better way to ball up a skein than with a view like this? Muskoka chairs are perfect for this.

 Less than a month later, the shawl was being blocked.


Dappled shade on a warm August day was perfect for blocking.

But I'm not thrilled. The colours are kind of muddy. If mud was purple, magenta and turquoise. Part of the issue is garter stitch when it's very short colour sections. I've worn it as a scarf with my winter coat, but that's about it. 

No comments: