Friday, December 14, 2007

All I Want for Christmas....

...is a floor lamp with an Ott light! A pair of nice black mittens, no? Look again....

Can you see what I didn't? I made these mittens for Huey. I did a cast on with cotton, then switched to a wool and knit the hand. Then I felted them, picked out the cast on, and did the ribbing. I made the one on the right first. I had Huey try it on at one point, and he asked why the ribbed part was a different colour. I insisted that it wasn't, it was just cause the hand was felted and fuzzy, and the ribbing was smooth. I had thought the colour looked a little different, but I was strong in my belief that it was the different texture playing tricks.


Part way through the second ribbing, we went tobogganing and then some running around while Megan slept in the truck. I took the mitts out to start working, and in the daylight, the difference was VERY obvious!! OMG. The mitt on the right has a navy blue ribbing!


I showed them to Huey, and he said he'd wear them (this way he will always know which is the left mitten). I added a cord (done so quickly on the knitting machine), but after one day I had to cut the cord off because it hurt his back and neck! They are a little big on him (he wears 'magic gloves' underneath, and they almost fit me), but they are so warm and fuzzy, I want my own pair! Unfortunately of course, mittens are usually worn outside, in DAYLIGHT. LOL.

(Can anyone tell me how to delete a picture after it's in this box? I tried right clicking on it, but then it became unselected)

2 comments:

Cindy G said...

Oh those do look cozy! Black, blue, as long as they're warm it's all good.

Did you figure out how to delete your picture? I just left click on a pic to select it, then hit the "delete" key on my keyboard.

Ever Changing said...

go into your dashboard - edit the post - and delete the pic