Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sock It To 'Em

So, I finally finished a pair of socks I've been working on for awhile. They are from Interweave Knits "Favorite Socks", Flame Wave Socks by Ann Budd. I used http://www.elann.com/ version of Fixation. I did them two at a time, each one with it's own ball of Espirit. I had a fairly small amount leftover of each ball. I couldn't remember if this yarn shrinks though, so if they did, I have a bit more to lengthen. I had a hard time with the pattern/chart. The first half of the row repeat is fine and logical, but then it shifts and changes and I just couldn't get into it. Several times I nearly stopped the pattern on the instep, but then I was getting so close to being finished, I kept with it.

I did switch needle sizes a couple times through the leg. From about just above the ankle to the toe, I used 3.25mm.



As hard as it is to take pictures of your own feet (Lucy took these photos), it's doubly hard when you add a puppy to the mix. I had the on for only a few minutes....


I'm so glad to have these done. I don't have down when I started, but I think it was early May. Or April. I took them to a guild meeting. There's an older lady there that I can sense the other women don't really like. The socks were sitting on the table, and she picks them up, plays with the yarn (the labels were off), and says "These socks are going to stretch". Yup. Imagine that.




No comments: