So, I finally finished my "muslin" of Simplicity 5189. I made my first version last summer when I had to go to a funeral, but it turned out too big...even though I had made the right sized based on chest measurements. It wasn't until the next month when I was trying to make a sundress did I learn about a "full bust adjustment" and why my sewing attempts were failing (patterns are based on an average frame, with a B cup bust, so because I was a D cup, to get it to fit my bust, the rest of the body was too big). I never showed a picture of it, as the only picture was blurry, over exposed, and my hair was in a towel, LOL.
I decided to give it another try, since I had found a tutorial on how to do a FBA on princess seams. Well, as I posted a little while ago, it wasn't as easy as the tutorial showed. I started by taking an inch out of the upper bodice, but I still ended up taking another inch out! The bust curves were too sharp, there was too much material in the center panel over the upper chest. I took the sides in quite a bit too.The weather turned warm finally, so I ditched the plan to add the sleeves...I figured with the adjustments I was making, the sleeves would never fit right.