Well, it has been a crazy busy month! I hope you had a good holiday season, and either gave, or received, lots of fiber goodness!
I still have some sewing posts to show from as far back as the early fall! As for knitting...not much has been finished...and what I did finish, I forgot to take a picture before giving!
Like many people, I'm starting the new year off saying I'm not buying new yarns, fabric, or patterns. Since Christmas Day, I have actually used up some yarn! I'm going to keep track, although some times it's difficult. I'm not always starting with full balls, and sometimes I will have a bit leftover. But here's the rundown so far:
1) Pink mohair narrow scarf; I think it's an OLD Paton's mohair blend. Used the entire ball (don't think it was a full ball).
2) White mohair scarf; might be the same yarn. Larger ball, used it all up.
3) Green scarf, two balls Red Heart Shetland Chunky, Heather Forest. Each ball was a different dye lot, so I did random stripes. Sort of looks like marble! I do have a picture and will post later.
For these three, I used the free pattern from Machine Knitting Fun. Super easy.
4) "Lyndee Sock Monkey". Not sure if I have the link on this computer, it's a free pattern for a machine knit sock monkey. I can't find it on Ravelry, but perhaps a Google search will work. I used up nearly one ball of Paton's Decor in dark grey (Not quite a new ball probably).
5) "Blankie Skirt". A wool skirt/diaper cover in a huge size (for Meg, nighttime). Base yarn of LionBrand Fisherman Wool in dark brown tweed (used up most of the ball, still enough left for something small), and used up (or nearly used up) several small balls of left over yarns like Headwaters Wool, Briggs & Little, and Patons Classic Wool. I will have a picture of these later too.
So, how do I count balls? The three scarves did use up 4 balls, sock monkey makes it 5; blankie skirt...lets call that two balls. So, that's 7 balls of yarn in less than one week! I'm going to make another blankie skirt with a different punch card, and that will use up even more of the small balls.
I'm still working on two shawls, a pair of duck booties, the "all in one sweater" I made at the machine knitting group, a pair of Noro socks in "clown barf"....