The items for the cold weather clothing drive had to be in on Tuesday, so I spent Monday night photographing and weighing the items. On Monday, Lucy's class had brought in 55 items. On Tuesday, the class brought in another 52 items! They won the competition with the other 4th grade class by 21 items (they had been behind by 10); and Lucy co-incidentally, took in 21 items.
hats are from Ray at knitivity.com. I've blogged about them before. I didn't include the weight of these items in my yarn out total.
double thick/reversible hat, done on the SK155. The bottom camo/orange will reverse to all orange; I wasn't sure if there is a requirement of how much safety orange there must be showing when hunting. The top one was made next and I didn't have enough orange to make the cuff be orange for both sides.
earflap hat pattern to make it doubled all the way up, instead of just part way. They look really tall, but once on, they're fine. The blue scarf is another 1x1 tuck and steamed. It's James Brett Marble, and it really loosened up/lengthened when steamed. The lilac cowl scarf was handknit a couple years ago and wasn't quite what I wanted.
The three other hats are the sideways short row hats I created the pattern for. These ones seemed a little too short to fold back a brim, but on a toddler you might be able to. The bright pink is really a lot brighter! This lower picture is a bit better.
one. I didn't do the alternating stockinette and reverse stockinette. I also altered the pattern a bit this time to try to get the second "tie" to be longer and skinnier. More on these scarves later.
Weight of items made specifically for the drive: 2536grams!
Yarn In to Date: 3365grams
Yarn out to Date: 3781grams
This does not include the yarn I got donated last week. Still haven't weighed that. And if the school had been accurate in the dates on the posters, I would have known the drive ended on Tuesday, and not today, and I wouldn't have bought that 340gr ball of Red Heart last weekend. Most of the yarn I bought with the kids for the hats was totally used up. There is some of the purpley variegated yarn left.