Saturday, March 10, 2012

Argh pt 2

I was so excited to finally cast off my short rowed shawl last night.  I wasn't happy with the cast on so I unpicked it (fairly easy as it was a crocheted cast on), and casted off the open loops.  Then today, I soaked it and started pinning it out.

 Mmmm.  I noticed something wrong right off the bat.

I was missing one of the scallops on the lower edge!

I have no idea how this happened.  And, it's in the section I did yesterday, so not even in the early part when I was getting used to the pattern.

This is a close up of how the scallops should look.  Pretty neat.  And I really can't believe I messed it up!
Since it is towards the end of the shawl, I think I will rip it back.  That won't be fun, all those little bitty short rows, and then getting it back on the needles, but I really can't bear it like it is.  I am also a little surprised that the yarn created a halo when soaked--it's bamboo/nylon blend sock yarn.  Perhaps a trip in the dryer would get rid of that, but since it needs to be blocked, I obviously don't want to totally dry it.  But right now, it's laying on my floor, damp, so it needs to dry before I can rip it back :(   I guess it was a good thing I didn't immediately cast on for the next project on that machine!  Off to do other stuff.

1 comment:

Sheryl Evans said...

I know how you feel. I am very meticulous when it comes to my knitting. Be sure & post a photo when it's re-worked.