Friday, July 05, 2013

Sweet Soaker

I can't believe it's been a week since I posted last!  We had our Canada Day holiday on July 1, and time is just flying by this week!  I have been mainly crocheting water bottle holders and doing some sewn ones too.  Not the most interesting things to show!  I thought though that I'd take some time out to knit up a wool soaker to have on display when I do an upcoming arts festival.  I was in a hurry, grabbed what I thought was a 4mm needle (still haven't checked it, but I like the resulting material anyway), a pattern, and headed out.  After working for an hour, I checked my gauge and size, and it's definitely a preemie size, instead of the intended newborn!
 
 
I kept going anyway.  I was pleased to get it done in one day (though that day included my daughter's 70min  skating lesson and a trip to the beach).  Yes, I can do the main part on the knitting machine, much quicker (30 minutes for the body), but doing the ribbing by hand, and the sewing up, means it still takes me almost as long! 
I'm going to lanolize it anyway, and take it as a sample.  I might knit up a larger size too, in a more boyish colour.
 
Yarn In:  7452gr
Yarn Out:  29gr + 4595gr = 4624gr
Balance:  2828gr more brought IN than out
Costs:  $210.71/187 days = $1.13/day

No comments: