Thursday, October 11, 2018

I Bought Yarn

Yes, I finally bought some yarn. This has been a bad year for yarn drought. I'm not knitting/crocheting  a whole lot now that I'm not doing custom orders. But I still need to keep my hands busy while watching TV and being a passenger (recently went away for a night, 2+hour trip each way...only took one project and somehow didn't have the hook).  I was recently killing time at a thrift store with my daughter and saw a 1lb ball of Red Heart "Comfort" in a neutral beige. Perfect for these blankets I'm making for a charity. It was $4.99, so $5.74.

The stats are a little skewed because I do have quite a few finished projects to show. Including some mittens according to my scribbles. Two pairs of mittens. Vaguely remember. I've finished one charity blanket and two are in the works, and they take quite a bit of yarn! So far, except for this beige, I've only used stash yarn. I need a bit more for one of the blankets, to feel safe, but not much.


Yarn In:     100gr + 454gr = 554gr
Yarn Out:       466gr
Balance:     88gr IN
Costs:     $2.53 + $5.74 = $8.27/284days= $0.029/day



No comments: