Sunday, January 13, 2019

Roadtrip Slippers

I mentioned going on a roadtrip to Florida, with my mom, Cheryl (my brother's partner), and Nicki, her mom who is also great friends with my mom. Cheryl was doing all the driving, Nicki provided the SUV, the timeshare is from my mom. What could be from me? I could document the trip--but I wasn't in the front seat so that was tricky for road shots, and I forgot my "good" camera. I wanted to do most of the cooking but no one seemed excited for that. One thing I wanted for myself was new, lightweight slippers. I had warm slippers but figured I'd like some light slippers to keep my feet warm on the tile floor and in the hotels.  I used Stitch Upon a Time's "Midnight Slipper" pattern. Free!

One of my girls went to Fabricland with me (I think it was Megan cause we needed to fancy up her skating dress). We looked at the quilting fabrics and found this tropical sea theme. We picked out some coordinating flannels for the insides. I wanted each to be a different colour. But I only picked three colours because I didn't know if there'd be enough of the main fabric for mine, so I figured I'd just piece together something. For the soles I used a non-stretch grey sweatshirt fleece.


 I got started and clearly had enough of the main fabric for mine. But no coordinating flannel, and I didn't want to repeat a colour. I found a light turquoise fleece in my stash so I used that for the insole of mine, and the turquoise flannel for the sides and top inside. It was lighter turquoise, and a different fabric...but a couple times Nicki (who got the turquoise flannel ones that were a smidge smaller) "stole" mine. At least her feet are smaller so they didn't get stretched out :)

I also wanted to make some accessories--like a case for my new reading glasses. But didn't get to it.

They were a nice little gesture, but a little underwhelming compared to six days of driving LOL

No comments: