Wednesday, February 06, 2019

I Bought Yarn


I'm working on a mega blanket for Crochet Blankets for Seniors. Well, size wise, it is the requested size. But it's Mega because I'm using a lot of different yarns. Just worsted, regular yarns, but lots. Greens, browns, creams. However, my selection of cream and brown was a little low. So I messaged the organizer and she had some to donate. Three balls of Bernat "Satin" in brown and a ball of something in cream that was too thick. So I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a ball of "ivory" Bernat "Satin" and a green. It's a bit brighter of a green than I wanted but it adds a nice accent. I'm not counting the donated yarn in my totals. Previously I tried to keep a separate tally but it got confusing.

I know I really should keep track of my fabric and sewing pattern purchases.  It's harder though. A small scrap of fabric left over is not always as usable as a part ball of yarn. And how to keep track? Different fabrics are different widths. So I'm just trying to be reasonable, frugal and buy fabric that I can see using quickly. However. My printer broke. Since it has broke I have bought...four patterns? And I have several others that I hadn't gotten printed yet.

I do have several blankets to show off! So the Yarn Out total here is a total farce.

Yarn In:  100gr x 2= 200gr
Yarn Out: 0gr
Balance:  200gr IN
Costs: $11.23/37 days = $0.30/day

No comments: