Wednesday, July 15, 2020

More Sequoias

Yup, another pair of Sequoia pantss, by Itch to Stitch! And another pair awaiting photos!
The pictures suck. These are black cotton pants that pick up hair like crazy. It's a black cotton from my stash. It's stamped at one end, in gold, 100% Cotton, made in China. I also have it in blue and made some pants from that version. It's light and has decent drape for cotton. 
I do a mock fly and a stretch knit band. The waistband in the pattern is lovely but I just don't need that about of fussiness. 

The snaps for adjusting the strap to roll up the pants

The inside of the pocket flap got some contrasting fabric.

I believe those are Transformer snaps on the pockets. Hard to see in the photo.

Not the greatest picture, LOL. I was wearing them the other day and hubby says "Where'd you get those pants?" (back when not much was open yet and I wasn't going out much). Dude, they took me over a week to make, using the dining table and the sewing machine located near your "office". I guess, to be fair, I did just order some clothes on line with gift cards I got at Christmas. Pretty cool though that even though he knows I sew most of my clothes, he thought these were purchased! 


3 comments:

Elena said...

Hello,
I was thrilled to find your post. I just posted this morning on the Facebook page asking if someone had hacked the pattern to make them pull-on. I am going to make some for my daughter who works at a daycare center. Can you tell me how you modified them? And did you just taper down the legs? My daughter is on the very curvy side and I will be making a size 20, I think. Her hips measure 48".

Did you make them with fabric with any stretch?

Thanks so much. If it is easier my email is emueller1956@gmail.com.

Thanks

Elena

Elena said...

Can you share your waistband hack

Elena said...

Can you share your waistband hack