So often when I get an order, I think it's going to be the only one of it's kind. So, I don't do much about keeping track of what I did. Even with this blog, I often forget to mention what hook/needles I used, or what size it was.
I had those two mermaid cocoons before Christmas, and the client wanted two more, the same size as the smaller of the first two. I had to enlarge the pictures I took and try to figure out how many stitches I used. I settled on 50 as that was a nice number LOL. This time, as I crocheted the first one, I kept markers on all the decreases. I worked on the tail and hated it. She wanted it bigger, but I really didn't know how big the other one was, and I wasn't 100% thrilled with the shaping on it.
When I started the second cocoon, I wrote down how I did the first one! Imagine that, I just had to follow along with my notes!
I recreated the tail, remembering that instead of short rowing in crochet, you can use the height of the various stitches to their advantage. I didn't write down what I was doing as I went along, and tried to figure it out for the second half of the tail, and wrote it down as I went. Then I did the second tail. And wouldn't you know it, the tails look nearly identical! (I made a simple error on the second one that changed it a bit).
I just weighed them to get them ready for pick up, and despite being massive (nearly 900gr each, or two pounds), there was only 1 GRAM difference between the two!! I like it when I impress myself LOL!
Stay tuned for photos! We've got the computer running well again, but now to use picmonkey to add my watermarks, I have to upgrade Flash. One thing at a time!