Monday, January 16, 2017

Fun!

I still have one item to show for last year's projects (even though I did finish it a few days after News Year's, the intent was to have had it finished last year!), but I also need to get moving on to this year's totals!

After I crocheted the messy bun work sock hat I knew I had to make a real hat in the same design. I bought the yarn before the end of last year, but I don't think I had this done before New Year's. Isn't it fun? The pompom is huge, although Lucy said it should have been randomly speckled the three colours instead of rings/spot. I didn't really know how it would turn out but I didn't want speckled.  It was made with Loops & Thread "Charisma", a total of 90gr.

I also bought this "Knit a Hat" kit from a discount store here (Giant Tiger...better than a dollar store but not huge like Wal Mart). Came with knitting needles (cable), a faux fur pompom and a 120gr ball of "Home Styles"  "Hat knitting Yarn". 100% acrylic. My daughter picked out a light grey though I liked some of the other colours. Some pompoms didn't really match the yarn though. It was $7, so a little high for one ball of yarn, and I don't need more needles, but I like that it has the pompom and I don't have to go searching for one.

Yarn In:  120gr
Yarn Out: 90gr
Balance: 30gr more IN than out
Costs: $7.91/16 days = $0.49 per day

No comments: