Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Socks Again!

 Back in May, we were going for a drive to check out the property of a well known artist . I needed some road trip knitting, so I quickly grabbed some sock yarn I've had a long time. I tried to keep the ball band intact, but can't find it now. Maybe JaWoll. 


I started off with Judy's magic cast on  and worked the foot in stockinette stitch. For the heel, I did the Fleegle heel  in ribbing and as I was incorporating the top of the foot, I gradually started adding more stitches to the rib, so it wraps around the leg.  
Then once I had encorporated all the stitches into the rib, I kept going for the leg until it felt long enough.
Very basic socks, which I really didn't need LOL. I don't wear wool socks much anymore as I work so much now and they don't fit in my sneakers and my clogs...I do still wear them but they feel so insecure compared to sneakers and I don't want another sprained ankle! I meant to take them on my vacation last week but forgot. I didn't really need them though. I'm sure I'll enjoy them this weekend. And, it's 66gr out of my bin (from a 100 gr ball so now what do I do with the extra 34 grams?). And it really doesn't matter since my wonderful daughter stopped by a yard sale by Topsy Farms
when she dropped down to Kingston for a weekend to check on her house. She picked up 3 skeins of aran yarn. Her boyfriend is hoping for some mittens. This is 150gr of yarn (450gr), though I don't have to add the cost. I also picked up a 340gr ball of Handicrafter cotton for our vacation, to make dishcloths. I bought it from Wal-Mart and I don't remember the price....about $12 plus tax....so $13.56.

Yarn In: 150gr + 790gr = 940gr

Yarn Out:  66gr + 620gr = 686gr

Difference:  254gr more IN than out

Costs: $13.56 +$15.22 = $28.78/270 days = $0.11/day



No comments: