Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Pass The Pumpkin (or, a Significant Case of Startitis)

 I usually limit how many projects I have on the go at once. One or two portable, easy projects to take anywhere, and 1 or 2 more complex projects. Recently, I saw a video where a woman was saying it brings her joy to have a lot of WIP to choose from. Some people find it stressful, but not her. 


I decided that I was cast on/start a few more things! October is pumpkin season in the music room, and I needed more pumpkins! I gathered up every little bit of orange yarn that I could find in my stash, and got to work. I crocheted a rectangle, using HDC in the back loop to give a vertical pattern (once seamed, it's vertical). 

Then I got creative and added some short rows.

When I was securing the ends inside, sometimes I'd pull them tight and knot together, to create a little dimple. I wasn't looking for perfection, or identical!

I did go and buy two balls of yarn. One chunky, Loops & Threads "Charisma" which I used entirely, and one "Impeccable" which I did not finish.  I spent $13.91, and the two weighed 327gr together.


Yarn In:   327gr + 4,070gr = 4397gr
Yarn Out:  11528gr + 334gr = 11,862gr
Balance: 7465gr more OUT than in
Costs: $422.43 + $13.91 = $436.34

No comments: