Monday, December 04, 2006

Forgotten Finished Object

Not really forgotten, just already in use:
They're made out of Shetland Chunky and Divine. The ribbing on the mitt is a little pouffy for my liking, especially since she puts them on after putting on her coat, so the cuffs get bunched up instead of being inside her coat. The pattern on the hands is just alternating sts so that the inside would be thicker, fluffy, and warm. I think I should have made the entire mitt like that. At first, I was just going to carry the yarn on the inside, but then figured I might as well knit it so it shows. I made the hat, but of course, it was too short. So I ripped it back and lengthened it. But she doesn't fold the cuff up all the way, and the hat ends up about 4" taller than her head.

3 comments:

CatBookMom said...

That is just adorable! Thanks for sharing the cute holiday story.

smariek said...

What a fun read.

What mitt patern did you use? Everytime we go out for our walks on these cold walks, I keep telling myself I need to knit up some mitts for M.

When did you feel it was safe to give L her first scarf?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.