Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Yarn Talks

And sometimes it tells you it really just wants to be a scarf!

I have had this Bernat "Denim Style" yarn for a long time. I wanted to make a light summer top, because brown is a neutral, right? Every attempt I haven't liked. It just feels too heavy crocheted and I didn't feel like knitting it. And the brown doesn't seem to match what I have. And, after swatching, I wasn't feel confident about how much yarn I had.

Not having anything else lined up, and just getting plain fed up, I decided to go with a scarf, even though this has cotton (if I remember correctly).  I just did a simple double crochet. To be honest, I can't even remember if I stitched the ends together to make it an infinity scarf.  I was ticked off when I went down stairs later and found more of the yarn. Oh well, it'll make another scarf, I guess.

Yarn In: 1642gr
Yarn Out: 109gr + 2195gr=2304gr
Balance: 662gr more USED than bought
Costs:   $40.73/200 days = $0.20per day

No comments: