Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Have You Heard the One About a Knitter...

...who goes to the yarn store to get more green yarn for a project, considers getting the white yarn that seems to be running low, but opts just for the green yarn?

And then doesn't even touch that second ball....and gets worrisome close to the end of the white ball?

Yeah, that's the True Tracy Way!

And now that I'm doing the last bits in the white, I'm beginning to think I might just have enough.  But I bought a second ball (100g, $4.50, Loops & Threads "Woolike") anyway.  Because if I didn't, I would for certain run out with only a few yards remaining!

I also picked up a ball of decadent Nashua "Creative Focus Kid Mohair" in Rich Brown (50gr, $12.37) for an order.  I was hoping to use stash, but I had no brown mohair, and trying to blend a few browns to get something interesting wasn't working.  Apparently solid colour mohair has lost it's popularity?  I was lucky to find this in a basket on the floor of the yarn store.  It's so soft!  I would have loved to use Patons Lace, there's one in the sequences line that is dark brown, but Michaels' isn't carrying it anymore.  There is a yarn store that has some stock, but  I just can't seem to get there.

Yarn In: 3825gr + 150gr = 3975gr
Yarn Out:  5463gr
Balance:  1488gr more used UP than brought in
Costs:  $187.95 + 16.87 = $ 204.82 /300 days = $0.68/day

No comments: