Friday, February 05, 2021

Math

 "Do a gauge swatch if you really want to know..."


I say it all the time. 


And, "Trust your gut". 


Well, I DID do a swatch. I just didn't do the math right LOL. I was knitting and knitting....it seemed to take forever to do one row. There seemed to be a lot of knitting scrunched up on the needles. It seemed to be using up a LOT of yarn. 

Finally, I grabbed a couple other needles, and stretched it out.


Oops.


It was supposed to be 35". The tape measure beside it is 60" and the knitting continues past the end of it by quite a bit. 

I have no idea how I messed up the math. I had to consider not just how many stitches per inch I got, but also the pattern repeat and the extra stitches (repeat of 4st plus 3 extra). 

I'm glad I didn't continue any further! Trust yourself! This got ripped and re-started and is flying along now. 

No comments: