Monday, April 05, 2021

Pink and Pretty

 I dug out all my odd balls of worsted weight again, trying to get inspiration for my next charity blanket. I had a lot of pinks, it seemed, so that became the next plan.

Corner to corner crochet. Changing yarns as I felt like it. 

Nice to work on something that can also keep me warm LOL


This took me about two weeks, using worsted weight and 5.5mm hook (or maybe 6mm), 35"x48"


Not much else to say. It didn't wash up as soft and limp as the last blanket, which was an unlabelled Red Heart yarn from Cambridge Fibres. Some of the yarns in this blanket are very old. A couple were from White Rose Nurseries, which closed the last of their stores in 2002 (doesn't sound that long ago, until I realize it was 19 years LOL). 

Yarn In:  0gr
Yarn Out: 1279gr + 649gr = 1928gr
Balance:  1928gr more OUT than in
Cost:  $0, $0/day


No comments: