Thursday, September 16, 2021

Sewing?

 I was working today at a high school. My classroom door was locked but a lady in a beautiful dress approached and was able to unlock it. Turns out she was the sewing teacher in the room next door. Imagine that! We chatted and I passed on my info so she could request me. I thought I’d take a look back at what I’ve seen lately. 

Uh….scrolling…..scrolling….scrolling…..

November 2020 was my last sewing post and it was just a new mask? I know I’ve sewn since then! I’ve just done a couple bikini bottoms, I might photograph those…what about slippers? Some sort of bag? Something for a kid? More underwear for Rob? 

I know this past year has been crazy—surgery, then my LTO (long term occasional teaching job), not being able to sew while Rob’s home for work. I haven’t been browsing Fabricland or Value Village, I delete most emails from fabric stores after a quick scan (okay, I did just succumb to some wovens from Fabcycle). I do look at the emails from pattern designers, though I have been great at not purchasing any new patterns (there was one recently that did grab me because it was nothing like other patterns I have). 

I usually sew a lot during the summer but this summer I seemed to spend all my time driving kids to jobs, or working on an AQ course, or hanging out on my deck because the basement (where I sew) was too cold. I thought once Lucy got off to school and things got into a rhythm here, I would get back to the machines. Instead, I’ve gotten a full week of work LOL. In fact,I have another bikini bottom started on the serger (I started, then second guessed my seam allowance and never got back). Hopefully this weekend allows me to finish those. Then I want to start on the new shirt. I’ve moved all my cutting tools upstairs to the office/guest room/dorm room/Hugh’s room. Here’s hoping!

No comments: