Wednesday, May 01, 2024

It's May?

 Where did April go?

Oh yes, I set up a Teachers Pay Teachers store. If you don't know what TPT is, think of it like Etsy but for teachers. Teachers make, and sell resources for other teachers--either classroom resources, or teacher resources. I wasn't expecting much, considering the products I made were geared (I thought) for the beginning of the year, but I ended up selling just shy of $90 US. I was hoping for 1/10 of that!

And yes, I have been knitting again! I finished a shrug I started last summer to work on during our road trip. No pictures yet--it's been gloomy a lot and it only matches a few shirts I wear so I just haven't gotten the pictures done.

I knit one red scarf for World AIDS Day, and I started a second, and I have a scarf/stole on the needles as well.

I've also been working quite a bit!

Enough of that, on to today's topic. I get emails from "MDK": Modern Daily Knitting. They send out emails related to their store/patterns/yarns and sometimes I read them. If you remember Franklin Habit--I can't remember where from initially (Ravelry?)--he writes some posts. However today's (?) email caught my eye because I recognized instantly the hat in the thumbnail. 

It's a two layer, reversible hat, exactly like ones I started machine knitting back in...2012? I made a lot of them then, and created a sideways knit version based on an email printout I had from 2006. Machine knitters love doing two sided/reversible items because it means not having to use a ribber, or add ribbing. I honestly do not think I would hand knit this hat--though I did hand knit many sideways knit, garter stitch hats--but they weren't reversible/two layers. 

Everything old is new again, just wait long enough! 

No comments: