Sunday, May 19, 2024

Red Scarves

 I had intended to knit as many red scarves for World AIDS Day as I could this year. I've contributed in the past, but then I think they weren't collecting during Covid, and then life moved on. I don't have a ton of red yarn, but I do have some, and I do have a giant cone of very fine red yarn.

This one is two different thick, textured yarns; one was a Bernat yarn, like Illusion, or Homespun. 134grams.
I did a brioche, so it's pretty thick and dense. Cozy.

This one is a generic red worsted weight acrylic, knit 4 rows, then 2 stockinette rows of the very thin yarn. Total, 83gr. 

One edge has kind of a pointy effect; the other edge is where the yarns were carried up and is straighter. 

I will be making some more. I think I have enough for a thickish one, maybe with random yarns, and who knows how many with the very thin yarn but I'll machine knit those.

Yarn In:  0gr
Yarn Out: 217gr
Balance: 217gr more OUT than in
Costs: $0

No comments: