Friday, October 16, 2020

More Yarn

 I'd been working on a blanket with the neon brights yarn I bought while at the cottage in August. Although I had made other blankets with less than 454gr (1 pound) of worsted weight yarn, this time, it didn't seem like it was going to happen. 

Don't you hate it when you cut yourself right where you carry the yarn?

It looks a little funny down at my feet. You'll see why when the blanket is finished.

I really didn't want to rip this out. The gauge was fine, I was only an inch too wide, which wouldn't have given me enough yarn to make up the length I still needed. 
I remembered in a Canadian crochet group on Facebook that a few people had bought yarn from Cambridge Fibres, the company that puts together these mill end bags. So I googled, and sent them a Facebook message explaining my plight, and do they have any of this yarn left. 

Yes! They made me a deal. They suggested I get more yarn to make the shipping a better deal and asked how much I wanted to spend. I said I'd be fine spending up to $25. They sent me a picture of a couple different options, I picked two, and a few days later, all this colourful goodness became mine!

Yarn In:  5115gr + 1362gr = 6477gr
Yarn Out:  8915gr
Balance: 2438gr gr more OUT than in!
Costs:  $25 + $115.68 = $140.68/290 days = $0.48 per day


No comments: