Friday, March 25, 2016

Last Pair?

This is probably the last pair of mittens for the kindergarten kids.  I did start another, slightly larger pair, but I just wasn't feeling it.  I'm trying some on my new bulky machine set up, but I haven't gotten the gauge right yet.  Or worked out all the possible mistakes.  Stay tuned.

These are from the Briggs & Little kit I got from www.grandriveryarns.com.  I started the second mitten to be a reverse pattern of the first one but I made some mistakes so by the time I was halfway up, I gave up.  I wanted to make another pair with maybe less striping, so that all four would "go" together but not be identical.  Not that most of the kids care.  Most just want warm hands.  There is one girl that usually loves her fleece gloves but then after trying a pair of my spare mittens, she keeps insisting her hands are cold.  She wore this pair earlier this week and they totally matched her coat and scarf.  Usually she's good about bringing  them back to me before the bell, but I see they're not in the box now :) 

Yarn In: 1586gr
Yarn Out: 35gr + 3593gr = 3628gr
Balance:  2042gr more USED than bought
Costs:   $74.87/85days = $0.88/day

No comments: